Due to Goverment guidelines, and inline with safety regulation, St Peter & St Paul, Dymchurch will remain closed until further notice.
Situated in New Hall Close at the north end of Dymchurch village and between the historic Cinque Port towns of Hythe and New Romney, St Peter & St Paul Dymchurch is a small 12th century Norman church, dating from about 1150. It is built from the same Caen stone as Canterbury Cathedral filled in with Kentish ragstone.
Church Warden: Marc Anslow 01303 872651
Christine Clark 07740395497
Safeguarding officer: Marc Anslow 01303 872651
All services commence at 10.30 am. Our main service is the Eucharist, held on the 1st, 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month. On the 3rd Sunday, there is a 9.30am BCP Eucharist followed by a Ministry of the Word with HC at 10.30am.
Each Thursday morning there is a Holy Communion Service followed by a regular Bible Study Group and if there is a fifth Sunday in a month, the eight churches of the Cluster will come together to worship at a Benefice service.
We welcome young families and children and have a craft club every Eucharistic Sunday at the back of the church. We also have a small and enthusiastic choir that takes an active part in each Eucharistic service.
Lent groups are regularly held and are regarded as having a strong potential for growth. During the Christmas period as well as Midnight Mass and a service on Christmas Day.
THE DAY OF SYN
Dymchurch is the home of the fictional smuggler known as Dr. Syn, rector of the parish church. Every two years Dymchurch holds a pageant during the August bank holiday weekend called the Day of Syn, The village widely supports this and many dress up in period costumes. The event ends in an exciting battle on the beach between the smugglers and the revenue men.